Jesus tumblr, calm the fuck down regarding Book of Life.
I understand you want animated movies starring POCs to do well at the box office. Hell, I've been wanting to see this movie for a long time, and social justice reasons is the least among them. But for gods sakes, Book of Life is not in danger of being the box office flop you're making it out to be.
1. You're aware that the US is still in a recession, right? If it's not Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxy or a related superhero movie, people will be more concerned about saving their money for their next meal or rent. They may see the movie, but they'll probably wait until it goes to the Dollar Theater first. Being poor does not mean we're actively conspiring to keep movies about POCs from being successful.
2. Movies make most of their money back globally; it takes time, even months or early next year, before they're released to other countries. According to one comment, Book of Life is actually doing pretty good now
, currently at $47.5 million when I'm writing this. The film got #3 at the box office on its opening weekend, so this is nowhere as bad as say... Delgo.
3. Speaking of which, didn't the ads say the movie will come out on Halloween? Yes, it was released earlier, but ads are weird like that and lie. A lot of people may not even be aware it's out yet.
4. Frozen has nothing to do with Book of Life or its performance at the box office except that they're both animated. You're just making an excuse to be whiny and butthurt about Frozen's popularity again. ("DreamWorks isn't making enough money and Laika's probably shutting down, BUT YOU'LL GET A MILLION FROZEN SEQUEL SPINOFFS WAH WAH WAAAAAAAAH")
"Is this gonna be the new Frozen? Let me know now so i can get a head start on filtering it." <---- Best Frozen-related comment on the thread. XD
5. Guilt-tripping/shaming people into watching a film is NOT cool and can actually turn off potential viewers, especially when you trash things they already like.