Greetings to all my new friends from the Multifandom Friending Meme! I hope you enjoy your stay here. Here's some random facts to help you get acquainted:
1. I'm an English major who's just starting the fall semester! After several years of trying and being pushed back by prerequisites, I'm finally in a Creative Writing class. Booyah!
2. I've inherited my sister's chinchilla, Ryuichi, after she went to SCAD to earn her master's degree. Since neither of us are into "Gravitation" anymore, I've taken to calling my little gray fuzzball "Ryu" for short, like the dude from "Street Fighter."
3. I was diagnosed with autism when I was around 12-15 months old (I can never remember) by my father, who's a clinical geneticist. I also deal with depression, which really fucking sucks to live with. Thus, I do not take ableism lightly, neither do I tolerate people who "self-diagnose" themselves through the Internet or toss around autism or mental illnesses like it's something trendy. I'm virulently against Autism Speaks and hedgehog hiss at the mention of it.
4. I may or may not be a gray asexual; sometimes I'm interested in sex and have a drive, but I'm not easily attracted to people unless I get to become close to them, and sex is not my #1 priority of things to do in a relationship. I'm still confused about my sexuality, hence I immerse myself heavily in the LGBTQA crowd and am a strong supporter of equal rights and representation in literature, movies, etc.
5. My dream is to finish and publish novels so that I would go down in history as a classic author (or at least gain a massive and lasting cult following). A book I'm
procrastinating forever on writing is about ragdolls, plushies, and toys, and lots of scary and horrible things happen to them. By scary and horrible, I mean Nightmare Fuel Acid Trips like in RPG Maker horror games. I'm a bit of a Nightmare Fuel fetishist, in case you couldn't tell. <.<;;;
6. My favorite Pokemon are Togekiss and Shaymin, with Sylveon as my favorite Eeveelution, and Fairy as my favorite type. My Digimon Crest would be Love. If I were sorted at Hogwarts, I'd be Ravenclaw, followed by Hufflepuff. If I was a Final Fantasy class, I'd choose between Black Mage and Summoner. My mains in Smash Bros are Lucario, Jigglypuff, Ness, Lucas, and Ice Climbers. My favorite Disney princess is Belle. My favorite color is purple, especially dark purple and lavender. In Choir, I'm a Soprano I. My dream roles for musical theater are Christine Daae (Phantom of the Opera), Belle (Beauty and the Beast), and Johanna (Sweeney Todd). I'm an Earth Dragon, Leo, and my soul troll is Nepeta Leijon.
7. I love magical girls, so stuff like Sailor Moon brings me glee. I'm also fond of dark/psycological shoujo/magical girls, such as Utena, Princess Tutu, and Madoka. More action-oriented stuff like Escaflowne and Rayearth is good too. :D
8. I'm an enormous animation nerd who will fight the Animation Age Ghetto with the biggest boxing gloves imaginable. From the Disney animated canon to Don Bluth, to Pixar and Dreamworks to Studio Ghibli, to more obscure fare (ex. A Monster in Paris, The Secret of Kells) to movies practically nobody has heard of (ex. Ringing Bell, The Sea Prince and Fire Child), I'm there.
9. My favorite characters in no particular order are: Shadow the Hedgehog, Geno, Toadette, Vivian, Luigi, Yoshi, Homura Akemi, Mami Tomoe, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, Lucario, Fluttershy, Loid, Jeff Andonuts, and um... many more.
10. My great-aunt, Flora Roberts, was Stephen Sondheim's agent. :D